The National design goals are listed below. The main thing I'm interested in seeing is natural terrain tracks that require good technical skills to master. SX style jumps are ok, but keep them to a minimum. The more realistic it looks the better, but a pretty track that lacks technical merit will be scored low.
- No WFO tracks. Use of brakes is required.
- Multiple lines/rhythms of equal speed.
- No big killer jumps without some kind of alternate rhythm or safety trail.
- Tracks need to be designed for all levels of riders. No Pro-only tracks.
- Raceability is what it's all about. Plenty of opportunities for small mistakes while minimizing the possibility of the big mistakes.
I will be testing and rating the tracks myself. I will be enlisting some anonymous helpers to help me race test.
Only tracks released after 11/24 are eligible. Only one entry per creator per category. It is ok to team up when making a track, but that track is the only track that can be submitted. All tracks must be G-rated.
- Feb 16th - Upload deadline - Try to upload well before this date to avoid problems.
- Feb 22nd - Announcement of results.
The top 15 entries will receive a CD with all of my tracks and utilities. Including some unreleased tracks. There will be two additional special awards given. Details to be announced later.
- $25.00 - Answer Roost Protecter
- $15.00 - Thor gloves
- $10.00 - Fox gloves